The Cornucopia Tree

Several years ago we had a severe thunderstorm that damaged a lot of trees in town. I especially noted that a tree in the front yard of a home a block from my house had been hit by lightning. All that remained was a hollowed-out trunk and black burned wood on both sides of the hollow pit that used to be the trunk of the tree. By the end of that summer, however,  green leaves started to spill out of the abyss in the tree. And as I drove by this summer I was hard-pressed to distinguish the blasted tree from its healthy brothers and sisters around it, the greenery overflowing in such abundance.

I wonder if the people who own that house are aware of the miracle that Nature has performed in their yard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Doggy Duet

The Spiritual Taxonomy of a Sparrow

After the Lilac Blooms